Raheem Sterling ‘shaken’ after burglary which neighbours claim was an ‘inside job by contractors’


Raheem Sterling has been left ‘shaken’ following the burglary at his £6million mansion, with neighbours today claiming it was an ‘inside job’ by contractors – as England teammate Harry Maguire spoke out in solidarity.  

Thieves broke into the father of three’s £6million gated home before making off with a stash of watches and jewellery – prompting the shocked star to race home from Qatar to be with his family. 

Police were contacted around 9pm on Saturday, December 3 after Sterling’s family returned to find ‘a number of items including jewellery and watches’ had been stolen.

A number of Sterling’s England teammates are understood to now be reviewing their own security in light of the frightening incident.

Raheem Sterling's partner Paige and their three children were not inside their home at the time of the raid, police said today

Raheem Sterling’s partner Paige and their three children were not inside their home at the time of the raid, police said today 

Harry Maguire (pictured) has spoken out in solidarity with fellow England star Raheem Sterling following a burglary at the player's Surrey estate

Harry Maguire (pictured) has spoken out in solidarity with fellow England star Raheem Sterling following a burglary at the player’s Surrey estate

Thieves broke into the father of three's £6million gated home in Surrey on Saturday night

Thieves broke into the father of three’s £6million gated home in Surrey on Saturday night

It comes as a neighbour today told MailOnline they were convinced it was an ‘inside job’ as she revealed how a string of builders and removal vans had been at the house.

She said: ‘I came back from an overnight flight on Saturday night just after 9pm and the police were outside. The estate WhatsApp group lit up and we all knew very quick it was a break-in and thankfully no one was hurt.

‘I’ve only seen him once walking his dogs, but I’ve seen the family and they are very young. I do feel desperately sorry for them as they have only just moved in.

‘It’s a pittance a month for the security and all the people on the chat know that Raheem’s family haven’t been signed up to the security.

‘They had dozens of removals vans, builders and electricians trooping in and out a few weeks ago and they all knew the access codes.

‘I’m sure it’s an inside job and the codes have been passed around because people would have been talking. How else would anyone know he was there?’

Meanwhile, England defender Maguire spoke of his frustration over the incident.

He said: ‘We’re out here giving everything and at home people are attacking us. 

‘It is really disappointing to hear that Raheem has had to go home and get things done. We haven’t had time to talk to him, because our full focus was on the match.

‘The match could have gone differently because we lost Raheem. It is disappointing to lose him because of something out of our hands. We are all here for him.

‘It is extremely disappointing to hear that we are out here and give absolutely everything to our country, and then there are people at home attacking us.’

Investigators are now working to determine when a burglary reported at the home of England forward Raheem Sterling took place and say no witnesses have come forward at this stage to say armed suspects or threats of violence were involved.

The 27-year-old Chelsea star was given leave to return to the UK from England’s World Cup camp in Qatar after he learned about the burglary.

Private security have been patrolling the estate in Surrey (picture taken this morning)

Private security have been patrolling the estate in Surrey (picture taken this morning) 

Sources close to Sterling had indicated on Sunday that armed intruders had broken into Sterling’s home while his family were inside, but an updated statement issued by Surrey Police this afternoon said the occupants of the house were not present during the burglary and that there was no evidence at this point of armed intruders or threats of violence being involved.

‘We are currently investigating a report of a burglary at an address in Oxshott, Leatherhead,’ the statement read.

‘On Saturday, December 3 the occupants returned to the address after arriving home from an international trip.

‘They contacted police just before 9pm to report a number of items of jewellery, including watches, had been stolen. Officers attended the address later that night and returned to speak to the occupants this morning.

‘At this time it remains unclear on which date the property was stolen and establishing this forms a key part of our investigation.

‘Enquiries into the full circumstances remain ongoing and officers will look at all available evidence including any CCTV opportunities.

‘We are aware of media reports stating there were armed suspects involved, however, at this time, we would reassure our communities that no witnesses have come forward to this effect and there are no reports of any threats of violence linked to this incident. Anyone with information should contact police directly if they have not already been spoken to.

‘No arrests have been made at this time.’

The news of the break-in led to Sterling being unavailable for Sunday night’s 3-0 victory over Senegal, which has taken England into the World Cup quarter-finals.

Sterling has three children: his daughter, and eldest, Melody Rose, as well as two sons, Thiago and Thai

Sterling has three children: his daughter, and eldest, Melody Rose, as well as two sons, Thiago and Thai

It is not yet clear whether the 27-year-old will return for Saturday’s match against France, with England boss Gareth Southgate admitting he and everyone else would have to ‘wait and see’ regarding Sterling’s availability.

Southgate was asked about Sterling in the press conference following Sunday’s win over Senegal.

‘Raheem, as the FA statement says, is having to deal with a family situation, so he’s going back to England,’ he said.

‘We’ve got to give him time to try to resolve that or be there for his family. That’s the most important thing at this time, so we’re going to give him that space.

‘It didn’t impact team selection. I spent a lot of time with Raheem this morning, but you know you have days where events happen and you have to deal with them.

‘He’s on his way home and, yeah, we’re obviously mindful of him being allowed space and (having) privacy respected, so we don’t want to talk in too much detail.

‘Of course it’s not ideal for the group ahead of a big game, but it pales into insignificance – the individual is more important than the group in those moments.

‘So, I needed to look after the situation and then I had to pass it on to others to deal with this afternoon in order to get him home.’

The Football Association offered extensive security guidance to players before leaving for Qatar and has an experienced security team on hand to advise and provide support as and when needed. 

Sterling is among dozens of top-flight footballers who have had their homes targeted by thieves.

Several Manchester United players have been victims, with Tahith Chong, Victor Lindelof and Jesse Lingard all having break-ins early this year.

Security experts have warned that footballers’ widely known schedules and obvious wealth increase the risk of their homes being targeted.

Sterling is among dozens of top-flight footballers who have had their homes targeted by thieves

Sterling is among dozens of top-flight footballers who have had their homes targeted by thieves

Last month, Stoke City defender Josh Tymon appealed for help after thugs stole ‘everything of value’ from his house in Knutsford, Cheshire, including watches, bags, shoes, jewellery and a Range Rover Sport SVR. 

Liverpool ace Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and his fiancée Perrie Edwards were targeted in September, with a gang bursting into their £3.5million Cheshire property while they were with their 13-year-old son.

In April, a 31-year-old man was arrested after Chelsea star Reece James had a safe stolen from his house in Surrey. James, 21, said robbers struck in September and made off with his Champions League, Super Cup and Euro 2020 medals.

Sterling was last targeted in 2018 when he played for Manchester City and lived in Cheshire. But the gang were scared away when the alarm system was activated and left empty-handed.  



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post Senators draft bipartisan framework to legalize DACA recipients and extend Trump-era border policy
Next post Hertz settles lawsuits over hundreds of alleged false arrests
How Miles Teller Totally Broke Royal Protocol Meeting Prince William and Kate Middleton Mila Kunis Reveals Why She and Ashton Kutcher Don’t Close Bathroom Doors at Home With Kids Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Were Engaged for 9 Months Before Paternity Lawsuit Selena Gomez Speaks Out About Kindness After Hailey Bieber’s Tell All Interview Shane Warne’s child, Jackson, shares recordings of ‘harmful ladies despising’ powerhouse Andrew Tate: ‘I really do concur with a couple of the things he says’ Kate and William to greet Americans ‘sleeping on the streets’ amid US visit ‘He said “take your bra off”… I was 15’: Supermodel Kate Moss reveals in unflinching detail how she fled a photoshoot in tears after being targeted by fashion industry predator as a teenager How to get early access to the MultiVersus open beta – usnewspress Gunman kills 3 people in Indiana mall shooting, police say Top 10 sizzling sex secrets to Spice Up Your Sex Life Stellantis Announces Termination of Jeep Venture With China’s GAC Memphis police thwart potential mass shooting at arena: Officials 4 dead after argument between 2 groups leads to shooting at north Harris County apartment complex, sheriff says US soprano, offended by blackface, pulls out of Italy opera 10 Top Romantic Getaways in New Jersey Ricky Martin’s Attorney Says Allegations of a Sexual Relationship with His Nephew Are ‘Untrue’ 8 Best Semiconductor Stocks To Buy Amid a Global Chip Shortage : USA Le’Veon Bell Reflects on Lost Season With Steelers in Retirement Post Updates on Tiger Woods from Round 1 of The Open PETE ALONSOI’M DEALING W/ ‘PRETTY BAD PTSD’… Over March Car Crash